Thursday, January 6, 2011

More on Nha Trang

The next morning we woke up early to grab some coffee before we set sail on the South China Sea. Only a couple of yards from our hotel was a beautiful ocean sun rise!



That day Jane's dad, Paul rented a boat for us. We took it to one of the neighboring islands you see in the picture above. We had planed to snorkel, but when we arrived it was too windy and cold. While docked we were accosted by a number of islanders trying to get us to purchase any one of the recreations they were pedaling, from jet skiing, to parasailing they just wanted to get us to do something. Jane wasn't having any of that, but a man sailing on what I can only describe as a floating bowl, came up to our boat and asked us if we wanted to look at some coral from his "glass bottom bowl" I'm sure it has a name, but whatever.
Here's a video of our maiden voyage...

YouTube Video

After our bowl ride we stopped at a beach resorts on one of the islands. We were told that we can only dock there if there we did one of the activities offered. So Paul asked if we would go parasailing, Jane quickly said no. I said I'd go only if someone went with me. So Paul agreed. He did try to back out once there but I wouldn't let him.

Now I have never been parasailing before so I don't really know the protocol and safety instructions involved when it's done back in the states

http://raelovesdirt.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment