Friday, January 14, 2011

My Vietnamese Family

I can't began to express how grateful I am for the welcoming hospitality that Jane's dad Paul has provided. From the very beginning he and Go Hoa (his lady friend) made me feel at home. Being the first time I had the chance to travel abroad it was comforting to stay in a home where family is their number one priority. They were excited to share their culture and history with both Jane and I. It was evident from the moment that we stepped off the plane. They bought us both helmets of our own to so scooter riding. Paul insisted that I pay for nothing other than my hotel stay when we were traveling, which averaged out to be around 8 dollars a night. Go Hoa would no let me buy anything with out starting a bidding war between the market vendors, she did all of our laundry, she also cooked a homemade dinner that consisted of my new rib dish. Every sight we visited Paul would explain anything to me that I didn't quite understand. Along with that Paul introduced me to something so grand, the taste of the Orient if you will. A dish called French Bread and Cheese Whiz. It's delicious! To add to the awesomeness in the house, there are the twins who were super Adorable! I named them wrist and bracelet for he reason that these twins are so identical that on has to wear a bracelet in order for everyone to tell them apart.





YouTube Video


http://raelovesdirt.blogspot.com

Location:Sivatha Rd,Siem Reap,Cambodia

No comments:

Post a Comment